Any child in the district may also receive his or her own borrowing card. However, Michigan law prevents library staff from informing anyone but the sole cardholder what is currently checked out, on hold, overdue or lost. Therefore, parents wishing to have access to this information should sign a release form when they register their child. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian register with them to receive a card.
Registering for a library card:
To register for a card, you can come in to the library and fill out the application or print one here (Adult or Minor) and bring it with you when you come in. You will also need need picture id and proof of residency to complete the application . Current versions of the following items that indicate a district address will be accepted:
- Driver's license / Michigan ID card
- Utility or telephone bill
- Rental agreement / property deed
- Car registration
- Voter registration
- Tax receipt
Please report all mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address changes to the library. This will help us contact you about your materials and holds.
Using your card
- When you come to the library, you must have your card to borrow books
- If you send a friend or family member to pick up your materials, they must have your library card. (That is how we know they have your permission to have your materials.)