Volunteer Opportunities and Application
Book Sale Manager
Do you love to work around books? Are you an organized person who likes people and is looking for a way to use your talents to support the library? If so, we have a great volunteer opportunity for you! We need a manager for our bi-monthly used books sales.
This individual is a member of the Used Book Sale Task Force and is responsible for scheduling and running the sale. Approximately 16-20 hours between each bi-monthly sale is required to satisfatorily fill this position. Tasks include:
- Maintain all sale processes and procedures.
- Assure sales floor is set up correctly.
- Train/coordinate staff and make ad hoc decisions regarding pricing, logistics, etc. during sale or delegate responsibility.
- Recruit and schedule all required volunteers for the sale.
- Assure sales floor is cleaned up/reset after sale.
- Communicate PR/sale information to Communication Chair on Friends’ Board.
- Attend Used Book Sale Task Force meetings, approx. six times per year.
Book Bin Emptiers/Material Scanners
We need three or four volunteers to empty the book donation bins. Flexible hours. Work involves moving filled bins to the basement, removing donations and stacking them on tables to be sorted for processing. We also need help scanning the donations for value by our online vendors. Contact Jan Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Ballard (email@example.com) 475-8732 xt. 202 if interested.
The library is always looking for reliable and enthusiastic volunteers. Opportunities range from handyman projects to database entry and various other projects. Read more about these opportunities. We may not have needs in all areas so see above for current openings.
Download a volunteer application in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any questions or wish to volunteer, please contact Linda Ballard, at (734) 475-8732 x202
All volunteers are also Friends of the Library. To learn more about the activities of this group, see the Friends page.